Sunday 18 November 2012

Marquis de Terme Margaux 2000: Great value for the year

Bargain 2000 4th growth but way too young
I sampled this recently at new-ish Marylebone wine 'workshop' 28-50.

It scores pretty high with the critics, from 16/20 upwards, and then from 86-92 with various others.

I'd give it an 88. But it's excellent value particularly if you pick it up at retail prices. Options for that are here.

For a 2000 4th Growth if you can pick it up for under £50 it's worth trying.

Various community tasting notes suggest it could still be a little young.

My limited experience of left bank Bordeaux is that 2000 is still very young. Most of those I has tasted of that year feel like they have a very long way to go. Terme 2000 may be no exception. Still a lovely drop as it is, but I'm looking forward to trying it another ten years.

No comments:

Post a Comment